2024 coaching staff

They finally put up an article on the new Offensive Coordinator - if he does for us what he did in South Dakota, he’ll be moving up pretty quickly. HOpe he stays more than a couple of years.

They also put out a story on Tim McG - he’s going to be the DC AND coach Linebackers.

But still no word on an O-Line coach and who comes in under Tim M.

But Remember - it all starts on the Offensive Line.

Go B1GCats
rsl

CoachRoySig.jpg

I’ve moved this to a new topic.

It sounds like there are still a number of holes in the coaching staff, when are spring drills supposed to start?

Here are links to the articles Roy mentioned:

I have a problem starting new threads… there’s no “new thread” link on the footer.

rsl

CoachRoySig.jpg

Hmm, I may be able to add new thread links. Good idea.

Alex Spanos, who gained some notoriety on ESPN after appearing on the sidelines in a polo shirt in cold weather, has been promoted to Director of Sports Performance.

Zach Lujan makes ESPN’s list of under the radar coordinators to watch in 2024.

they have the new OLine guy’s bio up on NUSports

Go B1GCats
rsl

Letter to the season ticket holders:

Dear Wildcat Season Ticket Holders –

I would like to begin by thanking you for your incredible support of our football program.

We are close to finalizing and announcing our home venues along with our full schedule for next season’s games.

Finalizing agreements with multiple venues has necessitated evaluating numerous scenarios and collaborating with various entities to create a viable home schedule.

We initially aimed to host a significant portion of our games at Soldier Field, particularly in September and October when baseball stadiums are typically unavailable. Regrettably, our plans for the 2024 season coincide with Major League Baseball games, and often clash with the Major League Soccer schedule as well. Moreover, the release of the NFL schedule taking place in May has posed a considerable challenge in securing Soldier Field and finalizing our competition dates at other venues. Taking these elements into consideration, we decided it was best to finalize dates now instead of waiting until May to release the schedule.

That noted, season ticket holders will receive an official communication when we announce the full schedule, inclusive of venues, in the coming weeks.

What the team was able to accomplish last season – both on the field and equally as impressive in the classroom – shocked the Big Ten and college football.

Dan & Susan Jones Family Head Football Coach David Braun, the consensus Big Ten Coach of the Year, led the team to one of the biggest turnarounds in the history of the sport. Northwestern is one of only five football teams this century to have improved from a 1-11 record to win six or more games the very next season.

After winning the SRS Distribution Las Vegas Bowl over Utah in December, the program has now won each of its last five bowl games (and six of its last seven), after previously going 64 years between bowl game wins. We are extremely proud of our student-athletes and our coaching staff for how they represented our university.

Coach Braun has both added to and promoted within his staff, including Defensive Coordinator and Linebackers Coach Tim McGarigle (’06), Offensive Coordinator & Quarterbacks Coach Zach Lujan, Assistant Head Coach and Safeties Coach Harlon Barnett, Offensive Line Coach Bill O’Boyle, and Special Teams Coordinator and Tight Ends Coach Paul Creighton. The staff is really pleased with the latest recruiting class and look forward to welcoming the incoming Wildcats to Evanston for spring ball.

Change is also happening with Ryan Field as demolition has begun. This stadium will be a best-in-the-nation football experience for our student-athletes and fans. It will be the crown jewel of Evanston.

I would like to thank season ticket holders, fans, student-athletes, students, staff and the entire Northwestern community for their flexibility and patience during the rebuild of Ryan Field. We acknowledge that playing in other venues may be inconvenient for you as a supporter of the program. It means everything to our student-athletes and staff that you are willing to travel to support them.

I would certainly like to thank the Ryan Family for everything they have done to make this project a reality. The stadium is privately funded, with no taxpayer financing and significant public benefits. I encourage you to visit the updated RebuildRyanField.com to learn more.

We thank you for your continued support and patience.

God Bless and Go ‘Cats!

Positively,
Dr. Derrick Gragg

Still only lists 5 assistant coaches, and they’re allowed 10. Are the other positions filled or not?

Yes, they are all filled. He is only showing the new coaches. The others return from last season.

At least they found some new guys to run the offense. Both the new OC and OL Coach have improved the run game in their prior places.

A good run game always helps the passing.

Go B1GCATS

rsl

CoachRoySig.jpg

From NU:

Additionally, the New Ryan Field project team has engaged Rebuilding Exchange to provide selected items for sale from the deconstruction of Ryan Field. Products will be on sale starting tomorrow Friday, March 1 at both Chicagoland stores seven days a week from 10am – 6pm and online at https://shop.rebuildingexchange.org.

So you can buy back your brick from the Plaza?
or have they figured a way to incorporated that into the new stadium.

Go B1GCats
rsl

CoachRoySig.jpg

It looks like this will be the link for the Ryan Field stuff when it goes live. It wasn’t obvious how to navigate that site. https://shop.rebuildingexchange.org/collections/northwestern-ryan-filed

Kinda love that the link is misspelled. I wonder if they’ll fix that or if they’re committed now.

-Cynthia

I’ll be interested to see what’s for sale, not that I’m likely to bid on anything, picking it up within a week would be challenging.