Good start to Illinois game

INT turns into 7, way to go, Cats!

Dramatic finish leads to another win; a 7-5 season is way above expectations, Braun should be the coach of the year in the Big Ten!

It was a game that seemingly both teams wanted to lose , but somehow Illinois was the one who lost Wow, 6 more inches against Iowa and we would be headed to Indianapolis. Braun should be a shoo in for BT coach of the year and I predict will finish 2nd to Kalen Daboer from U Washington for national coach of the year , though both of these coaches could be knocked out by university of Arizona’s Jeff Fisch

Where are we going bowling? Beating u of I not only gives
us a better record than the minimum of 6-6 but knocked out the Illini for a bowl bid in competition with NU. Minny losing knocked them out as well. This should get us out of Detroit and leave open The Bronx, Nashville, Phoenix or Las Vegas. I’m also guessing the eventual placement of Ohio state (do they make CFP or not ?) will effect the whole pecking order ( Im putting in pen that Michigan beats Iowa thus taking one of the 4 CFP spots , though it will be interesting to see the betting under/ over on the game given Iowa is on about a 6 or 7 game streak of coming in on the under)

Stay tuned ,the conference title games will settle a lot of questions, though likely not all

Harry

Jerry Palm says the season finished with 79 teams at 6-6 or better, so that leaves room for JMU and Jacksonville State to get a bowl game, and that would mean one 5-7 team should get in. I think I read that Minnesota had the highest APR of the 5 win teams last week.

Jerry Palm also has Minnesota going to a bowl game, the QuickLane Bowl against Northern Illinois. He has Northwestern in the PInstripe Bowl against Georgia Tech. Brrrrr!

Iowa is a 23 point underdog against Michigan on Saturday, with an over/under of 35.5, which means a score of around 29-6. If they offered an over/under just on Iowa, I’d take the under on that, though as a prop bet I’d take Iowa scoring on a defensive play.

I heard there were 81 teams who were 6-6 or better ( This after Cal’s upset win at the at the Rose Bowl) Included is James Madison who initially was not going to be allowed to go due to the wait required when jumping divisions. However because of
of 82 teams not being eligible they were first on the list to fill an open spot. Minny will get in as the 5-7 school with the best academic record . Apparently had Wake Forest beaten Syracuse they would have had the best academic record for 5-7 teams, but are now 4-8 so it looks the BIG will get 9 teams to bowls

Harry

What would the over/under be for Iowa on number of punts?

Some sources have been including JMU and Jacksonville State in the 6+ wins list, some have not, but 79+2=81 which leaves room for one 5-7 team.

With no 8-win or 9-win teams and with Wisconsin, Northwestern and Maryland at 7-5 and only Rutgers at 6-6, the Cats might get stuck in Yankee Stadium.

Nothing wrong with NU going to yankee stadium as we beat Pitt there several years ago. But wouldn’t their bowl committee want nearby Rutgers? The low to mid level bowls tend to ignore record if they can, and go for crowd and TV revenue potential

As a kid I remember watching the NY Giants play football in December at Yankee Stadium ( they wouldn’t schedule home games in early October because of the likelihood of the Yankees being in the World Series; so they seem to get extra home games in December at the old Yankee stadium)

Harry

Harry

I always liked going to Giants games in Yankee Stadium, but maybe it was because my Dad’s ticket contact had a box on the 50 in the upper deck, right above the Press box.

Its so easy to announce a game from that level - you can actually see the player’s numbers.

Go B1GCats
rsl

CoachRoySig.jpg

The Jets had the same deal - they couldn’t play at home before the end of the World Series in case the Mets made it.

That led to a bunch of home games at Shea, in the swirling winds of November/December that Namath had figured out, and few visiting QBs could. (remember the picture of the end zone flags all pointing in a different direction?)

Go B1GCats
rsl

CoachRoySig.jpg