Latest polls (10/4)

Northwestern is #30 in both polls after their convincing win over Penn State.

I attended the Wildcats-PSU game, and it was sensational, not only for the way we blew out the Nits, but for the first time Northwestern has a true homefield advantage with an engaged student body that will affect the opposition. Oh! Are they whining here in Pennsylvania! (And I LOVE IT!) That place is LOUD like Dyche never was even with about 15% of the seats empty, a reported sellout notwithstanding. Get your butts into the seats and YELL, people! Sight lines are excellent, and I was sitting one row from the top of the stadium opposite the press boxes (although those of us with eighty-year-old prostates would have appreciated nearer rest room facilities that didn’t require the scaling of Mount Everest multiple times). My one negative in the whole experience is that I would have preferred to see more of Joe Spivak and a whole lot less – preferably none - of Tank Ledger.

P.S. Have some here have noted, Penn State was indeed trying to intimidate NU by slamming our runners/receivers to the ground in the opening plays of the game. Note to Matt Campbell: It didn’t work. :grin: