Road loss by a cold-shooting team

Nebraska kept Northwestern out of the paint, and the Cats couldn’t hit enough deeper shots to close the gap. Road games are tough in the Big Ten and this was a well-coached Nebraska team today.

Might add the Cats were down double digits at least a few times but fought back to close the gap to a couple of points late but couldn’t finish off the comeback

Harry

It does not appear the loss at Nebraska hurt the Cats much as they remain in the ‘last 4 byes’ group in Lunardi’s Bracketology and a 10 seed.

Hosting #10 Illinois will be a big challenge/opportunity tomorrow. Not a lot of Q1 opportunities left on the schedule, as the Big Ten is having something of a down year, only 6 teams are in Lunardi’s latest Tournament projections and only 3 in the latest AP top 25.

Their best chances to improve their tournament seeding may come in the Big Ten tournament. (I wonder how they’ll handle seeding for an 18 team conference tournament next year?)

I’d guess that not all teams will qualify for the B1G tournament. A 16 team draw would be the easiest to do, but that would require everyone to potentially play 4 games. That may be too many for a weekend. A 12 team draw would give first round byes to the Top 4.

I wonder if they’ll come up with a new conference logo where the G looks sort of like an 8?