WLAX tournament pairings out

Northwestern is the #1 overall seed in the NCAA Women’s Lacrosse tournament brackets, followed by Boston College, Syracuse and Maryland, though only the top 3 seeds get first round byes.

The Cats beat Denver 17-4 as Izzy Scane broke the D1 record for goals. Next up is Penn in the NCAA Quarterfinals

I don’t know if this link to the Trib story will work.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/lacrosse-women/article/2024-05-12/2024-ncaa-di-womens-lacrosse-championship-bracket-schedule-scores

Here is the current updated bracket.

Looks like a rematch with Maryland if we beat Penn

In case you missed it, like I did, Northwestern beat Penn but Maryland lost to Florida, so the Cats will face Florida in the semi-finals on the 24th.

BC and Syracuse are in the other semi-final.

NU put on an absolute lacrosse clinic against Penn in the final 3 quarters of that game. It was a beautiful thing to watch. The road will get tougher in the final 4, and this team has looked vulnerable at times, with a couple of losses and some very close victories. But I think some of those came when Sammy White was out, and they seem to be at full strength right now.

Tom

Great to see

In the softball side of the ledger Texas ( in Austin) eliminated NU in women’s softball 7-0

Harry